Triggerbees Commitment to GDPR
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an important piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation will become effective on the 25th May 2018.
Triggrerbee is fully committed to being GDPR compliant. We are also committed to helping our customers becoming GDPR compliant.
What efforts are Triggerbee taking to be GDPR Compliant?
We are taking many steps across the entire company to ensure we will be ready for the GDPR. We are confident these changes will address the requirements of GDPR.
Here’s our GDPR Roadmap and where we are on our journey:
- Research the areas of our product and our business impacted by GDPR - COMPLETE
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer - COMPLETE
- Rewrite our Data Protection Agreement - COMPLETE - will be communicated to all customers in april 2018
- Assure we have Data Processing Agreements with affected suppliers - COMPLETE
- Develop a strategy and requirements for how to address the areas of our product impacted by GDPR - COMPLETE
- Perform the necessary changes/improvements to our product based on the requirements - IN PROGRESS
- Ensure all data is transferred to our servers in a secure, encrypted way - COMPLETE
- Ability for Triggerbee account holders to remove all personal data on individuals - COMPLETE
- Ability for visitors to clear all Triggerbee cookies easily - COMPLETE
- Ability to control what data is accessible from our APIs - COMPLETE
- Ability to export all personal data from your Triggerbee Account - COMPLETE
- Ability to delete all data, including all personal data from your Triggerbee Account - COMPLETE
- Ability to control if personal data should be included in email reports - IN PROGRESS
- Ability to inform website visitors about Triggerbee usage - COMPLETE
- Ability to create a personal policy and publish on website - COMPLETE
- Implement the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR - IN PROGRESS
- Thoroughly test all of our changes to verify and validate compliance with GDPR - IN PROGRESS
- Finalize and communicate our full compliance - TO BE ANNOUNCED
Triggerbee has also engaged with outside legal experts on data protection. We felt this was and will be very important because the legislation is so new and impactful.
What do Triggerbee Customers need to do?
There are a few things that you might need to do depending on your situation and jurisdiction. Below are the impactful changes that we can foresee that might affect you as a result of using Triggerbee:
- Be transparent and inform your website visitors that you are using website analytics services, like Triggerbee, and how you use it, and for what purposes. Triggerbee Consent can help you with this, but you can also do it on your own.
- Make sure you have legal grounds* for handling the personal data you process through Triggerbee
- If you are not sure if you have legal grounds there are a few steps you can take. Either:
- Remove all this personal data from your systems (email marketing, Triggerbee, CRM etc)
- Obtain a new Consent from each individual for the data handling and communication that you perform. For this purpose we have developed Triggerbee Consent, that can help you with for example obtaining a new Consent from your existing subscribers.
- Download our checklist for getting yourself ready for GDPR